The Chamber represents the voice of the business community with total commitment to playing a leadership role towards propelling Ghana’s economy to higher heights. To this end, the Chamber has and will continue to influence government policies which will be to the benefit of the private sector whiles promoting the overall development of the Ghanaian economy.
The Chamber Today
The Chamber has grown impressively from a membership of 14 in 1888 to about 5,000 today with eight operational offices across the country. Since its incorporation, the Chamber has continued to play significant roles in the economic growth and development of Ghana. The activities of the Chamber are carried out through various Sectoral Groups and Service Committees, which cover a variety of economic interests. The Chamber’s National Secretariat provides the administrative and technical support for the day-to-day workings through its Regional/District chambers.
Relations with government and other relevant bodies
As the representative organ of the business community and the voice of the organised private sector in Ghana, the Chamber maintains regular consultations with government on policies and measures affecting business and the economy. It makes representations to the Government on issues of interest to the business community and the economy.
What we offer
- The Chamber promotes Trade and Industry and also represents the opinion of the business community on matters affecting Trade and Industry in Ghana. It is incorporated as a non-profit making organization and its income and property are applied solely for the promotion of its objectives.
- It is the central organization for collecting, distributing and disseminating information of business nature, especially regulations, tariffs, opportunities for trade and other matters affecting local and foreign markets.
- In the pursuit of its objectives, the Chamber is non-racial, non sectarian, non-political and gender friendly.
- The Chamber is affiliated with international acclaimed bodies like the Pan African Chamber of Commerce (PACCI), Federation of West African Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FEWACCI) and International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Apart from its continuous efforts at promoting the collective business interest of its members, the Chamber provides customized services to individual members.
- Letters of introduction are issued to members to facilitate visa procurement for international travels.
- Numerous directories, trade journals and periodicals from virtually every country in the world are available to members in the Chamber’s Library and Information Hub.
- Certificates of Origin are endorsed at a moderate cost to members. The service is also extended to non-members.
- The Chamber’s Annual Report and Quarterly Newsletters are circulated in and outside Ghana.
- The Chamber’s publications are among the leading works of reference and research on investment potentials in Ghana. Advertisement in the journals and directory is open to members of the Chamber and non-members alike.
- The Chamber is recognized as the official body through which opinion on commercial and industry matters can be presented directly to Government or other authorities, both national and local. It is frequently consulted by government in advance, on the preparation of new legislation affecting the business community.
- The Chamber organizes in-house and off-site skills and cognitive training workshops for members and non-members alike. In addition, it carries out consultancy services for members, especially on development of business plan, feasibility study, market research, etc. through its Business Education Service & Training Unit.
Sectoral Groups and Committees
To discharge its duties effectively, the Chamber is structured into sectoral groups which are listed below:
- Agriculture and Non - Oil Export
- Construction and Engineering Services
- Financial Services
- Petroleum and Energy
- Freight Forwarding
- Information Communications Technology
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas
- Professional Practice
- Small and Medium Enterprises and Distributive
Chamber Branches and Operational Office
- Accra Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Tema Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Cape Coast Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- GNCC - Takoradi
- Kumasi Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Tarkwa Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Wa Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Airport Office (Export Documentation) - Inside Aviance, Ghana Airport